Our Philosophy is Simple
At the Lou & Gib Reese Ice Arena, we strive to encourage participation in all aspects of ice skating. We want to provide a fun, affordable, and memorable experience while participating in programs at our arena. While participating in the Arctic Snowflakes Synchronized Skating Team, your skater will make new friends, build their skating skills, and learn the importance of good sportsmanship, and teamwork.
2019-2020 Synchronized Skate Teams
Come Join our Circle of Friends!
Synchronized Skating is the newest team sport on the ice! Teams consist of 8 – 24 skaters of similar age and skating ability. Synchronized skating combines all aspects of figure skating while performing formations in an exciting program to music.
The Arctic Snowflakes Synchronized Skating teams are now being formed for the 2018~2019 Skating Season at the Lou & Gib Reese Ice Arena. We encourage everyone interested to come to this informative, fun event!
- Registration form 2019-2020 -Synchro team (Synchro brochure 2019)
- RSVP or for questions, contact Coach Amber at email@example.com
- Coach Kristan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who? Skaters ages 5-18 (as of July 1, 2019) who have passed the ISI Alpha test or equivalent. Skaters will be divided up into teams based on skating ability and age.
What? Synchronized Skating is a team sport for figure skating. It combines figure skating fundamentals and advanced skills into a group program to music that the team exhibits / competes against other teams of similar ages and ability levels.
When? Practice will be held Saturday mornings September thru May. Competitions are held throughout the season, dates to be announced during a parent meeting.
Why? Synchronized Skating develops skating skills, performance skills, team work, camaraderie, and lifelong friendships. Also, Travel to exciting competitions, including a National event.
- Cost? Varies per team depending on performances, with fundraising opportunities available.
Down payment of $150.00 is due by September14, 2019. Remaining balance is due on Saturday,
September 28th, unless you set up monthly payment arrangements with
GM – Jordan McWayne.
- Sapphire Team $578.00 ( Girls) $561.00 (Boys) Diamond Plus $ 1089.00 (Girls)
- Diamond Team $628.00 (Girls) $628.00 (Boys) $1072.00 (Boys)
- Platinum Team $964.00 ( Girls) $ 947.00 (Boys)
Three Teams will be formed for the 2018-2019 Season !!!
- The Sapphire Team: This team will be our introductory team and will consist of skaters ages five years and older who have passed the ISI Alpha test or with permission of the coaching staff. They will perform at the Holiday Show and Spring Show to showcase all they have learned. They will also have the opportunity to skate at the Newark ISI competition. Cost includes 29 practice dates; 1 team tee shirt, 1 Costume, 1 pair-tights(girls), competition entry fees and coaches fees, plus ISI membership fee.
- The Diamond Team: This team will be formed of skaters invited by audition and / or the coaching staff. This skater will have passed the ISI Freestyle 2 test and demonstrated strong figure skating basics and Synchro basics. Cost includes 29 practices, 1 team tee shirt, 1 costume, 1 pair of tights, competition entry fees and coaches fees, plus ISI membership fee.
- The Platinum Team: Will be formed of skaters invited by audition and/or the coaching staff. Skaters who are considered will have minimally passed the ISI Freestyle 4 test and demonstrated strong synchro basics and skills.
- The Diamond Plus Team : Will be made up of Diamond Skaters who choose to skate more and with the Sapphire group.
Synchro Basics and Program Choreography will be covered for the 2019 ~ 2020 Season in this class
On Ice practice begins: September 7th,
- Diamond Team : 9:30am ~ 10:00am
- Off ice Diamond team: TBD
- Sapphire Team: 10:00am ~ 10:30am
Off ice Sapphire Team: TBD
- Platinum Team : 9:30am ~ 10:30am
- Diamond Plus Team : 9:30am ~10:30am
Additional Off-Ice practices will be scheduled as necessary before performances, most likely on Saturday’s.
Competition / Performances: See Ice Show / Competition tab
Synchro On – Ice Practices for ALL teams — Please follow your team schedule dates are provided.
D= Diamond, DP = Diamond Plus, S= Sapphire, P= Platinum
|Teams at Competitions|
|December||7th||14th||Holiday Ice Show- D , S, P, DP|
|April||11th||18th||25th.||P, D, DP,|
|May||5th||9th||Spring Ice Show – All|
Meet Our coaches:
Kristan Hausman: Skating Director
Graduate of the Ohio State University, 14 years teaching experience, including 17 years synchronized skating, skated at the collegiate level as an individual competitor and in synchronized
years synchronized skating,
ISI Gold Certified Judge and Synchro Certified Judge
Synchro Director & Coach: Amber Engert:
Graduate of the Ohio State University, 16 years Synchronized Skating experience, skated at the
collegiate level in synchronized skating.
ISI Gold Certified Judge and Synchro Certified judge
Ashley has 12 years of synchronized skating experience, and was even a snowflake herself!
Parent volunteers ~ Off- Ice Coordinators
Parent / volunteers needed:
Please indicate your interest in these positions on your childs registration form.
Team Managers: (1) One for each team is needed. This person will be the liaison between parents and coaches. This person will also distribute all communications between coaches and parents.
Travel coordinator: This person will work with the Director (Kristan) to secure hotel reservations for all teams. This person shall distribute maps and directions to all.
Public Relations: This person will work with the Arena Manager ( Jordan M. ) to generate publicity for the teams. This person will work with the coaches to schedule a team photo day. This person will also send photos of participating teams to ISI for the Winter Classic and Synchro Nationals Program book.
Fundraising: This person will plan and coordinate the fundraising efforts for all teams, and will work with the Arena Manager ( Jordan M.) for distribution of funds raised for each team member.
Registration Form, Commitment contract and $150.00 down payment due by September 14, 2019
To schedule monthly payments see -Jordan McWayne
This contract includes:
- 29 hours On-Ice Instructions and Ice time. 29-(1/2) hours times for Sapphire
- Off- Ice instruction day of Performance
- ISI Membership fee
- One (1) Costume; One pair (1) tights ( 2 costumes – diamond Plus)
- Team Tee shirt.,
- Competitions: Entry fees and Coach fees ( 2 comps-S, 3 -D, 5 DP, 4-Platy)
- Not Included:
- Transportation, hotel, and travel expenses
- Practice Uniform
- Team warm up Jacket and pants
Sponsorship and fundraising opportunities exist to reduce the skaters’ cost. Any funds raised by the Team for the 2019~2020 season will be used towards miscellaneous expenses such as makeup, team photos, and the end of year party.