Our Philosophy is Simple
At the Lou & Gib Reese Ice Arena, we strive to encourage participation in all aspects of ice skating. We want to provide a fun, affordable, and memorable experience while participating in programs at our arena. While participating in the Arctic Snowflakes Synchronized Skating Team, your skater will make new friends, build their skating skills, and learn the importance of good sportsmanship, and teamwork.
2018-2019 Synchronized Skate Team
Come Join our Circle of Friends!
Synchronized Skating is the newest team sport on the ice! Teams consist of 8 – 24 skaters of similar age and skating ability. Synchronized skating combines all aspects of figure skating while performing formations in an exciting program to music.
The Arctic Snowflakes Synchronized Skating teams are now being formed for the 2018~2019 Skating Season at the Lou & Gib Reese Ice Arena. We encourage everyone interested to come to this informative, fun event!
- Registration form 2018-2019 -Synchro team (Synchro brochure 2018
- RSVP or for questions, contact Coach Amber at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach Kristan at email@example.com
Who? Skaters ages 5-18 (as of July 1, 2018) who have passed the ISI Alpha test or equivalent. Skaters will be divided up into teams based on skating ability and age.
What? Synchronized Skating is a team sport for figure skating. It combines figure skating fundamentals and advanced skills into a group program to music that the team exhibits / competes against other teams of similar ages and ability levels.
When? Practice will be held Saturday mornings September thru May. Competitions are held throughout the season, dates to be announced during a parent meeting.
Why? Synchronized Skating develops skating skills, performance skills, team work, camaraderie, and lifelong friendships. Also, Travel to exciting competitions, including a National event.
- Cost? Varies per team depending on performances, with fundraising opportunities available.
Down payment of $150.00 is due by September15, 2018. Remaining balance is due on Saturday, September 29th, unless you set up monthly payment arrangements with
GM – Jordan McWayne.
- Sapphire Team $513.00
- Diamond Team $952.00
- Platinum Team $1032.00
- For those on the Diamond team who will participate on both teams an extra costume fee TBD.
Three Teams will be formed for the 2018-2019 Season !!!
- The Sapphire Team: This team will be our introductory team and will consist of skaters ages five years and older who have passed the ISI Alpha test or with permission of the coaching staff. They will perform at the Holiday Show and Spring Show to showcase all they have learned. They will also have the opportunity to skate at the Newark ISI competition. Cost includes 29 practice dates; 1 team tee shirt, 1 Costume, 1 pair-tights(girls), competition entry fees and coaches fees, plus ISI membership fee.
- The Diamond Team: This team will be formed of skaters invited by audition and / or the coaching staff. This skater will have passed the ISI Freestyle 2 test and demonstrated strong figure skating basics and Synchro basics. Cost includes 29 practices, 1 team tee shirt, 1 costume, 1 pair of tights, competition entry fees and coaches fees, plus ISI membership fee.
- The Platinum Team: Will be formed of skaters invited by audition and/or the coaching staff. Skaters who are considered will have minimally passed the ISI Freestyle 4 test and demonstrated strong synchro basics and skills.
Special notes :
- Dependent on interest and skills we may re-evaluate how the teams are created with the skaters who commit to joining.
- In order to meet a minimum of 8 skaters per team, some skaters may be asked to skate on more than one team. Kristen will talk with those who might be impacted.
Synchro Basics and Program Choreography will be covered for the 2018 ~ 2019 Season in this class
On Ice practice begins: September 8th,
- Diamond Team : 9:30am ~ 10:30am
- Off ice Diamond team: TBD
- Sapphire Team: 9:30am ~ 10:30am
Off ice Sapphire Team: TBD
- Platinum Team : TBD
Additional Off-Ice practices will be scheduled as necessary before performances, most likely on Saturday’s.
Competition / Performances: See Ice Show / Competition tab
Synchro On – Ice Practices for ALL teams — Please follow your team schedule dates are provided.
|November||3rd||10th||ISI Comp. Findlay, Ohio- D – P|
|December||1st.||8th.||15th||Holiday Ice Show- D , S, P|
|February||2rd||9th||1-TBD||ISI TBD–D, P|
|March||16th||23rd||30th||1-TBD||ISI / LGRIA Competition – All|
|April||6th||20th||27th.||Synchro Nationals – D, P|
|May||4th||11th||Spring Ice Show – All|
Meet Our coaches:
Kristan Hausman: Skating Director
Graduate of the Ohio State University, 12 years teaching experience, including 10 years synchronized skating, skated at the collegiate level as an individual competitor and in synchronized
years synchronized skating,
ISI Gold Certified Judge and Synchro Certified Judge
Synchro Director & Coach: Amber Engert:
Graduate of the Ohio State University, 15 years Synchronized Skating experience, skated at the
collegiate level in synchronized skating.
ISI Gold Certified Judge and Synchro Certified judge
Ashley has 11 years of synchronized skating experience, and was even a snowflake herself!
Parent volunteers ~ Off- Ice Coordinators
Parent / volunteers needed:
Please indicate your interest in these positions on your childs registration form.
Team Managers: (1) One for each team is needed. This person will be the liaison between parents and coaches. This person will also distribute all communications between coaches and parents.
Travel coordinator: This person will work with the Director (Kristan) to secure hotel reservations for all teams. This person shall distribute maps and directions to all.
Public Relations: This person will work with the Arena Manager ( Jordan M. ) to generate publicity for the teams. This person will work with the coaches to schedule a team photo day. This person will also send photos of participating teams to ISI for the Winter Classic and Synchro Nationals Program book.
Fundraising: This person will plan and coordinate the fundraising efforts for all teams, and will work with the Arena Manager ( Jordan M.) for distribution of funds raised for each team member.
Registration Form, Commitment contract and $150.00 down payment due by September 15, 2018
To schedule monthly payments see -Jordan McWayne
This contract includes:
- 29 hours On-Ice Instructions and Ice time.
- Off- Ice instruction day of Performance
- ISI Membership fee
- One (1) Costume; One pair (1) tights
- Team Tee shirt.,
- Competitions: Entry fees and Coach fees
- Not Included:
- Transportation, hotel, and travel expenses
- Practice Uniform
- Team warm up Jacket and pants
Sponsorship and fundraising opportunities exist to reduce the skaters’ cost. Any funds raised by the Team for the 2018~2019 season will be used towards miscellaneous expenses such as makeup, team photos, and the end of year party.