Stick-n-Puck is a public session that provides an opportunity for hockey players of all ages to sharpen player skills and provide extra practice time. It is also a chance to work on skating, stick handling, shooting, and passing.
There is no pre-registration (whether online or by phone) for these sessions. The earliest a player can sign-in at the arena pro shop is 1 hour before the session starts.
General Stick-n-Puck Expectations:
- Upon arrival at the rink, players must check in at the arena pro shop and register/pay for the session (no refunds or transfers).
- All skaters must enter the ice from the main ice doors.
- FULL equipment is required for players (per USA Hockey recommendations--helmet with full face shield, gloves, elbow pads, shin pads, hockey pants, shoulder pads, stick, and skates) under the age of 18.
- Adults must wear helmet, gloves and skates.
- All Stick-n-Pucks are limited to 30 skaters/4 goalies per session.
- Full ice games/scrimmages are not permitted during Stick-n-Puck sessions (see more specifics below).
- Coaches who wish to teach during any of these sessions must be approved by the General Manager prior to scheduling these lessons and taking the ice.
- Family Stick-n-Pucks: These sessions are ideal for younger players to have fun with their parents and/or siblings. The level of play on the ice must be safe for all abilities of skaters, including beginners. The puck must stay on the ice at all times. No slap-shots. No checking. Adults must wear a helmet and skates.
- 14U-Highschool Stick-n-Pucks: These sessions are intended for players who are at least 14 years old and/or in high school. These sessions are intended for practice only, there is no guarantee of access to the full rink due to others practicing. No games are permitted unless ALL players agree to play. In general, these sessions will likely be faster paced.
- Adult Drop-in: These sessions are intended for players who are at least 18 years or older looking to scrimmage with other players.
- All 50-minute Stick-n-Pucks are $10/player.
- All 80-minute Stick-n-Pucks are $15/player.
- Adult Drop-in is $15/player.