Our Figure Skating Philosophy
Practice Makes Perfect! We welcome all freestyle level skaters to practice their skills during our freestyle practice sessions.
All practice sessions are general sessions, allowing for practice of all disciplines of figure skating. Our instructors and staff value parental involvement and encourage parents to partner with our team to give your child the most rewarding and FUN learning experience possible.
Additionally, we offer group classes for our figure skaters and ice dancers to enhance their learning. Please see our class brochure and offerings here: Freestyle & Dance Brochure (Winter & Spring)
What is freestyle practice?
- The Lou & Gib Reese Ice Arena offers specialized practice sessions for figure skaters during designated freestyle practice sessions.
- These sessions are limited to 25 skaters on a first-come, first serve basis. Priority will be given to skaters who are in a lesson.
- These sessions are open to skaters who have passed the ISI Alpha test or higher and have a scheduled private lessons.
- Hockey skating lessons are permitted during these practice sessions provided that they scheduled with an instructor.
- Skaters may not skate or behave in any manner that might endanger themselves or any other person.
- Headphones are not allowed on the ice.
- Skaters are allowed to play their music one time per 15 minutes.
- Instructors have first priority to use the music system for skaters in a lesson.
- Skaters are expected to fill their own holes made by toe picks.
- All skaters must sign in at the arena pro-shop prior to taking the ice.
- All skaters must have a signed waiver on file at the pro shop.
- All skaters must check-out at the arena pro-shop to pay for their ice time before leaving the arena.
What is the cost?
- Ice time is $4 for every 15 minutes on-ice.
- 15 Session Punch Card (equals 15 – 15 Minute Sessions for a total of 3.75 hours): $55.00
- 30 Session Punch Card (equals 30 – 15 Minute Sessions for a total of 7.5 hours): $100.00
- 50 Session Punch Card (equals 50 -- 15 Minute Sessions for a total of 12.5 hours): $150.00