Our Philosophy is Simple
At the Lou & Gib Reese Ice Arena, we strive to encourage participation in all aspects of ice skating. We want to provide a fun, affordable, and memorable experience while participating in programs at our arena. While participating in the Arctic Snowflakes Synchronized Skating Team, your skater will make new friends, build their skating skills, and learn the importance of good sportsmanship, and teamwork.
2015-2016 Synchronized Skate Team
Come Join our Circle of Friends!
Synchronized Skating is the newest team sport on the ice! Teams consist of 10 – 24 skaters of similar age and skating ability. Synchronized skating combines all aspects of figure skating while performing formations in an exciting program to music.
The Arctic Snowflakes Synchronized Skating teams are now being formed for the 2015~2016 Skating Season at the Lou & Gib Reese Ice Arena. We encourage everyone interested to come to this informative, fun event!
- Registration form 2015-2016 -Synchro team (will be attached when available)
- RSVP or for questions, contact Coach Amber at email@example.com
- Coach Kristan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who? Skaters ages 4-18 (as of July 1, 2015) who have passed the Tot 4/ PreAlpha test or equivalent. Skaters will be divided up into teams based on skating ability and age.
What? Synchronized Skating is a team sport for figure skating. It combines figure skating fundamentals and advanced skills into a group program to music that the team exhibits / competes against other teams of similar ages and ability levels.
When? Practice will be held Saturday mornings September thru April. Competitions are held throughout the season, dates to be announced during a parent meeting.
Why? Synchronized Skating develops skating skills, performance skills, team work, camaraderie, and lifelong friendships. Also, Travel to exciting competitions, including a National event.
Cost? Varies per team depending on performances, with fundraising opportunities available.
- White team $610.00
- Silver team $1025.00
- For those on the White team who will participate on both teams an extra costume fee of $80.00
Three Teams will be formed for the 2015-2016 Season !!!
- The White Team: This team will consist of skaters ages four years and older who have passed the ISI Tot 4 / PreAlpha test or with permission of the coaching staff. Cost includes 30 practice dates; 1 team tee shirt, 2 team pins, 1 dress, 1 pair-tights, competition entry fees and coaches fees plus ISI membership fee.
- The Silver Team: This team will be formed of skaters invited by audition and / or the coaching staff. This skater will have passed the ISI Freestyle 4 test and demonstrated strong figure skating basics and Synchro basics. Cost includes 30 practices,1 team tee shirt, 2 team pins, 2 dresses, 2 pairs of tights, competition entry fees and coaches fees plus ISI membership fee.
Optional Summer classes:
2015 summer practices – contact Olga 740.973.3302
Off~Ice Strength & Conditioning: Open to all figure skaters
6:00pm ~7:00pm; $5.00 per class – paid to Instructor Olga
All off ~ice classes will be held in the parking lot or in the Arena, on Monday evenings
Bring an exercise mat, water bottle, and proper exercise shoes. No flip flops! Classes will be held indoors
in the case of inclement weather. Strengthening and Conditioning class for figure skaters will provide
and effective workout and take home program to build core strength and increase balance.
On Ice practice begins: August
- Silver Team : 10:15am ~ 10:45am Off ice Silver team: 8:30am – 9:00am _
- White Team: 10:15am ~ 10:45am *** Exact times will be determined after teams are formed***
Additional Off-Ice practices will be scheduled as necessary before performances, most likely on Saturday’s.
Competition / Performances: See Ice Show / Competition tab
Synchro On – Ice Practices for ALL teams — Please follow your team schedule dates are provided.
|December||5th.||12th.||19th.||Holiday Ice Show|
|January||2th.||9th.||16th.||23th./30th||Youngstown this month affects 1 team|
|February||6st.||1 TBD day||3 of these; Winter Classic or Miami and Newark ISI this month|
|March||12th.||19th.||26th||Check ~ Hockey Tournament / LGRIA Competition|
|April||2nd||16th||23rd.||Synchro Nationals this month affects 1 team only|
|Spring Ice Show|
Meet Our coaches:
Kristan Hausman: Skating Director
Graduate of the Ohio State University,9 years teaching experience, ISI Gold Certified Judge.
Synchro director & Coach: Amber Engert:
Currently attending the Ohio State University, 13 years Synchronized Skating experience,
ISI Silver Certified Judge.
Parent volunteers ~ Off- Ice Coordinators
Parent / volunteers needed:
Please indicate your interest in these positions on your childs registration form.
Team Managers: (1) One for each team is needed. This person will be the liaison between parents and coaches. This person will also distribute all communications between coaches and parents.
Travel coordinator: This person will work with the Director (Kristan) to secure hotel reservations for all teams. This person shall distribute maps and directions to all.
Public Relations: This person will work with the Arena Manager ( Gary B. ) to generate publicity for the teams. This person will work with the coaches to schedule a team photo day. This person will also send photos of participating teams to ISI for the Winter Classic and Synchro Nationals Program book.
Fundraising: This person will plan and coordinate the fundraising efforts for all teams, and will work with the Arena Manager ( Gary B) for distribution of funds raised for each team member.
Registration Form, Commitment contract and $150.00 down payment due by August 16, 2015
To schedule monthly payments see -Gary Baldwin
This contract includes:
- 30 hours On-Ice Instructions and Ice time.
- Off- Ice instruction day of Performance
- ISI Membership fee
- One (1) Costume; One (1) tights- ( Silver team (2) of each)
- Team Tee shirt., 2 team pins
- Competitions: Entry fees and Coach fees Not Included:
- Transportation, hotel, and travel expenses
- Practice Uniform
- Team warm up Jacket and pants
Sponsorship and fundraising opportunities exist to reduce the skaters’ cost. Any funds raised by the Team for the 2015~2016 season will be used towards miscellaneous expenses such as makeup, team photos, and the end of year party.